My Calling to Not Know. How to Not Worry...

9:53 AM

It's now the 21st of October. Close to the end of the month. Anyone in a sales position, especially commission based, feels a high level of urgency to close deals, collect invoices and tie up any lose ends. ABC "Always Be Closing!" What's my problem with this? My company developed a new department/ focus in the beginning of the month and I still, on October 21st, 2014 do not have deals to close, invoices to collect and lose ends to tie up.

I know you're guessing that I'll go down a path to trust God, don't worry and be happy. Just smile and wave! Because you know it's not really easier said than done. And everything is going to be OK! But what about the days that you simply just don't know? You don't know how the situation will work out, you don't know if the medical treatments will work, you don't know how you're going to pay that bill, you don't know how you're going to be able to put food on the table and you don't know how God is going to provide for an impossible need. As a human, I struggle with the thought of just not knowing; being "Ok" with not knowing and trusting. I think of the Israelis when they traveled for three days in the desert without water. The passage of scripture reads: Exodus 15:22-27 

"22 Moses led Israel away from the Red Sea into the desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they couldn't drink the water because it tasted bitter. That’s why the place was called Marah [Bitter Place]. 24 The people complained about Moses by asking, “What are we supposed to drink?” 

If you've ever been in a desert, the Middle East or Florida, you KNOW that walking around in the scorching sun without water is not a good thing. I learned this quickly during my time in Israel in 2009. Without water, you will not survive. Understandably, I think anyone would start to panic if we were out of water in the middle of a desert. 

So what shall we eat? What shall we drink? What am I supposed to do? As a naturally born human being and worrier, I am tempted to take over and fix everything myself! A "move over, God!" mentality. But what about all the times He has provided for me? What about the time I didn't know what I was going to do for college? What about the time I didn't know if I would ever end up marrying my now Husband? What about the time I didn't know how I would buy groceries? What about the time I didn't know how I would pay to turn my electricity BACK ON? What about the times I was worried where I could go for safety? What about the times? What about the fact that God has already done so many miracles for me and I get to my next complicated situation and panic? Remember Israel JUST CAME from the Red Sea where God SPLIT THE OCEAN and PROVIDED a path of escape! Exodus 15:22 "Moses led Israel away from the Red Sea into the desert of Shur". The IMPOSSIBLE happened! Those times of desperate need, God provided for me. Those times of desperate sorrow, God showed up for me. I am called to not know. To not know and not worry about the future. To not know how to fix the situation and to not know how. If we knew everything and knew how to fix everything, why would we need God? Why would He do things differently than what seems logical? Because His ways are perfect and just.
Deuteronomy 32:4
"The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He"

Do not worry. Just don't worry... I'm not going to tell you everything will be OK. I'm not going to tell you that the situation you're going through won't hurt. But I will tell you that we serve a great and mighty God who loves you and cares for you. And guess what? He hears you...

Matthew 6:
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

Psalm 111:5
"He provides food for those who fear Him; He remembers His covenant forever."

Luke 29:12
"And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it."

Philippians 4:6
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images