My Calling to Rise Up

11:20 AM



Today is Monday. I don't particularly enjoy Monday's (actually never), especially the early mornings it brings with every new work week. Poor Monday... I almost feel bad, Monday is a day that is commonly bullied. Most of us blame our problems on Monday (I know I do!). It's an easy subject to connect on and a conversation starter. It's a common bond between the American people over a cup of coffee. But what about Monday? What does Monday bring to us? It brings a new week that we have never seen before. It brings us opportunities and chances to work, create and live! It's a day that is more often than not, passed by because we are so busy with our distractions and aggravation. What if we took a moment to truly see the value of a Monday? 

"God give me the strength to do Your will" a prayer that I pray too often. Too often? Yes, too often. I find myself constantly running to God when my Monday's or my ANY days, find me tired and unmotivated. When an opportunity comes and I'm just not ready or in the mood. When my calling stares me in the face and I'm unwilling to move. Or how about when the moments come around to reflect and react like Christ? It seems as though my flesh is always wanting to take a seat in the back row. An "I'll just watch" mentality. Many times in life I come up to a wall to climb and pray for strength and God answers my prayer, and it's great, but I then sit down and never use His gifts. It becomes my unused blessing. What's the point of praying for strength, or anything and never putting it to use? I become a prayer hoarder when I ask, demand or beg and just put His blessings on the shelf. I am so guilty of this. I cry out to God for strength and I fail to rise up to the occasion. We know He brings us to different situation for a reason.

 For this subject, I was curious to see what the concordance would come up with when I typed in "Rise Up". The results are amazing... 
  • It’s a Verb
  • The short Strong’s concordance definition is exalted*
  • Translation: Grow, Highly Exalted, Risen
  • Strong’s Concordance Translation: Gloriously, Grow Up, Increase, Be Risen, Triumph
  • A Primitive root; to mount up; hence, in general, to rise (figuratively), be majestic—gloriously, grow up, increase, be risen, Triumph 
How amazing is that?! How amazing is this simple phrase "Rise Up"?! How amazing is the fact that we are called even on our most challenging days to RISE UP! It's a verb and also translated figuratively. It's the epic background music when you're about to walk on stage. A calling to rise up and answer the call that God has placed before me! A calling to be strong and courageous! Will I answer the call? Can you feel it? 

So here is my calling, to RISE UP to the occasion! Rise up to the opportunities the Lord brings me. Rise up at work to make a difference. To rise up when God calls us to move. We must see our hard days, our "Mondays" as an opportunity to use His strength and show His glory. We Must be like Esther and rise up to the opportune moment. We must be like Mary and answer the calling on our lives, no matter how hard it may be. We must remember that we are never walking alone. He is the light for our path. Isaiah 6-:1-3 says this: 

Arise, shine, for your light has come,
    and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.
See, darkness covers the earth
    and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the Lord rises upon you
    and his glory appears over you.
Nations will come to your light,
    and kings to the brightness of your dawn.


He never promised that life would be easy. But when you answer the calling, take a step of faith and obey, He will be by your side. He has called you for a specific purpose. He has a plan for your life. He has given the desires that you have in your heart to you. When are you going to answer? What are you going to do about it? What has God called you to do? When are you going to rise up and triumph? 

Isaiah 40:31 //
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

#RiseUp

If you know anyone who may need to read this blog, or if you needed to read this please share it online. Everywhere that it can be heard to help and heal.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images