My Calling to The Storms

12:25 PM



It's been a very long summer. For the first time since I can remember, I'm thankful for it to be over. I know it's been months since the last time I wrote on my blog, however, if you could see the number of saved blog posts in my drafts, it would surprise you. It's been a whirlwind of a summer... As thankful as I am for what the Lord has done and is doing in my life, it's been a very difficult season filled with storms... I write to you even now broken hearted and tired physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally.


When I say, "difficult seasons" and "storms", most of you know the meaning and can relate. If you don't know what I mean, I'm referring to the hard times in life when it seems like you can't catch a break... you can't seem to get back on your feet after being knocked down again, and again. For me, it's been a season of trials and hardships. I've been through situations that I never want to experience again... I still find myself having a hard time revisiting the memory of some events and find myself in tears when I go back to the event in my mind. It's left me broken hearted, empty, tired, confused and scared... BUT GOD is still good. I know that my pain has a purpose, even if I don't understand, but I do know that He is carrying me, giving my strength and with me in the fire.

I have a blog post saved in my draft file about joy vs happiness. I haven't finished it, yet haven't felt it's been the right time to go back to it. But let me relay to you, through my seasons of sickness, job loss, financial struggles and relationship struggles I STILL HAVE JOY. I have joy not because I'm a "happy-go-lucky" person and I have a weird unnatural annoying happiness, and fake smile on my face while my world crashing, but because I have a hope and a strength that passes all understanding. I have a joy because I know God is in control and I am helpless without Christ. I'm empty handed without His Power. 

Yes, it is my crutch, it is what I lean back on because, at my weakest point, HE IS STRONG.

Colossians 1:11 || May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy

"All the weak find their strength at the sound of Your great name" a song playing in the background as I write... It's so true. There is POWER in His name. I've been able to find a strength that I really can't understand. The name of JESUS has power, & sometimes my only prayer that I can pray is whispering His name "Jesus".... you should try it. See what happens.

Are you going through an unspeakable trial? Are you going through a season that you can't understand and you can't get back up on your feet? Then get on your knees & pray. Ask the Lord to overwhelm your heart with his presence. Thank Him for sending His son, Jesus. Give your life to Him to take control of. Whisper His name. 

James 1:2-4 || Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Honestly, I don't what my answer is... I am broken hearted and tired. I don't understand why the Lord has allowed me to go through the trials He has allowed me to go through... But I know my faith has been tested and it's making me stronger. I'm weak, but I'm strong because He rescues me and carries me through the storms. I don't have answers for various trials like losing a loved one, losing a job, financial struggles, being wrongfully attacked & accused...you name it... I don't know why, but I know that His thoughts are not our thoughts, and His plans are not our plans. He is working behind the scenes... there is hope, and joy will come in the morning.  

Allow me to pray for you... & please pray for me. I write this only because He's given me the words to speak. I want to remind you that He is holding you in His arms. You're not reading this blog by mistake. You may be lost, but in Him you can be found. 


Contact the staff at Citylight Church in Charlotte. They would love the opportunity to listen and pray with you. They're not super humans and "holier than thou", but they're humans who love the Lord and have been through the hard times just like you. Go now to www.citylightcharlotte.org to contact them now. 


Lost are saved find their way 
At the sound of Your great Name 
All condemned feel no shame 
At the sound of Your great Name 
Every fear has no place At the sound of Your great Name 
The enemy he has to leave At the sound of Your great Name 

Jesus worthy is the Lamb That was slain for us 
Son of God and Man You are high and lifted up 
And all the world will praise Your great Name 
Your great Name All the weak find their strength 
At the sound of Your great Name 

Hungry souls receive grace At the sound of Your great Name 
The fatherless they find their rest At the sound of Your great Name 
Sick are healed and the dead are raised At the sound of Your great Name 
Jesus Worthy is the Lamb That was slain for us 
Son of God and Man You are high and lifted up 
And all the world will praise Your great Name Your great Name 
Redeemer My Healer Lord Almighty 

My savior Defender 
You are My King Jesus Worthy is the Lamb 
That was slain for us Son of God and Man 
You are high and lifted up 
And all the world will praise Your great Name Jesus 
Worthy is the Lamb That was slain for us Son of God and Man 

You are high and lifted up And all the world will praise Your great Name 
Your great Name My heart will sing No other Name Jesus 
Jesus My heart will sing No other Name Jesus 
Jesus is that Name My heart will sing No other Name Jesus 
Jesus My heart will sing No other Name Jesus 
Jesus is that Name My heart will sing No other Name Jesus 
Jesus My heart will sing No other Name 
Jesus Jesus is that Name
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images