My Calling to Love Like Christ - #PrayForOrlando

8:24 AM

(Creator of this image is unknown)


The lives lost this weekend are not "gay lives" nor are they "straight lives". Not "black lives" or any man-made label we have come up with to judge other people... The lives lost were brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, moms, dads, friends, and loved ones. Souls lost forever through a horrific attack on our country.

I am a believer in Jesus Christ. As a follower, I am called to love like Christ. I'm called to love everyone because I am the least of these, a sinner saved by grace. I can't help but wonder what Jesus' response would have been if He was still here on earth. I know He would have been crying with those who were/are crying... Helping the wounded and caring for everyone in need.

I know Christ loved every single person who lost their life yesterday. I know that He died for their sins and loves them with an everlasting love. I hope with everything inside of me that they knew it. I know that He is a redeeming and loving God that has a plan for our lives and is waiting for us with outstretched arms. I have a hope and a peace that passes all understanding because He is in control. In Christ alone my hope is found. Trust God. Call on the name of Jesus. He died and rose again for the sins of the world that we can never repay. He will heal, restore, redeem and love you. Ask Him. Call on His name.

1 John 5: 10-13 //
Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Love is the answer. The perfect, everlasting love of Jesus Christ. #prayfororlando

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images